No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Monday, June 1, 2009

Finally, some good news!

The MRI showed only the one cluster of cancer cells in my right breast! This means that we are going to go back to plan A which is to remove that section only and not the whole breast. The lymph nodes will be checked at the same time. The surgery currently is scheduled for the 12th.

I will need radiation treatment for sure. I am meeting with the radiation oncologist on Monday and have a second opinion on Wednesday morning. If the lymph nodes are positive then I may need chemo but we won't know that until later.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the good news Penny. Huge relief! Fingers crossed that the positive path continues. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny! I came in for an appointment today and found out about all of your recent struggles. I'm so sorry to hear all of this that is going on but hopefully the good news will continue. I'm glad that you started this blog and I'll continue to follow it and keep you in my thoughts. Feel better, and stay strong. Jamina

    ReplyDelete