No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Friday, June 5, 2009

Almost Ready to Start Fighting Cancer Again.

Whew!
Last week really left me feeling beaten up. I was bruised and exhausted but yesterday I felt like I could have gone to work. I miss my friends at work and my patients. (Hope that Chelle, Barb, Nat, Monica and the others are keeping my desk warm.) Instead, I walked down to the farmer's market and bought some fruits and veggies and then had a tamale from a little stand there for lunch. I ate my tamale while looking out at the ocean and wearing a jacket which was some recompense for not being at work, after all it's 105 degrees there. .

The problem is that just when you start to feel like you are yourself again, it's time to get back to fighting cancer.

Corey is working half a day today and then I hope to feel good enough to ride the bikes for a bit along the beach. One day I will write about how great Corey is and has been but honestly right now it makes me teary just to think about it.

I cooked the last three nights which I love to do but hadn't really felt like doing for a while: Steaks on Tuesday, Spaghetti with black and green olives on Wednesday and Scallop Helper on Thursday (one of my signature dishes!)

Monday, I head back to Phoenix to my usual two doctors a day routine except for Thursday when I am getting my hair done so I look cute on the operating table. Corey is coming in next Thursday night. Wish I could stay with him but Ali put the cats on a diet so I think they need me more right now.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny!
    You are incredible. What a great idea to do the blog. Can you call me when you are up to it. I want to see you.

    ReplyDelete