No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update

Thanks for all the calls and good wishes. The device for radiation was placed yesterday late afternoon. I spent this morning getting CAT scans and with the radiation oncologist and his group. I will start radiation twice daily tomorrow and will try to report more about the experience later in the week. Right now I feel like a truck ran over me but a small truck.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the radiation is going well. I know how it is to be tired and feel like a truck ran you over. Hopefully it was an icecream truck though.

    I was digging through some paperwork and I came across some haikus that my classmates were required to write for a developmental biology class. With you being a nurse, I thought you might appreciate a few.

    Late start, eighty stripes;
    The heterochrony of
    A Grevy's zebra

    Polydactyly;
    One in five hundred chance.
    More if you're Amish.

    Just implant that bit
    Of mouse molar mesenchyme
    Now hens will grow teeth.

    The primitive streak
    Forms and later regresses
    Makes a notochord.

    Sperm and ovum meet
    Action potential rises
    Decision is made.

    Apoptosis now
    Phgocytes rejoice aloud
    It is time for lunch.

    Remove AER
    So I don't have arms
    Tennis lessons suck.


    I hope some of these were enjoyable. It made me laugh to read them again. Keep your spirits high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These made laugh Jamina- I have not thought my own one up yet but will soon make a post to see if we can see other people and their Haiku creativity

    ReplyDelete