No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Times

Enjoying today because I am finally starting to feel better. My sister and brother-in-law Phil came out to Redondo for the weekend. I walked on Friday. Saturday, Corey and I walked down to an old car show and I made the four of us fish, curried rice and coleslaw for dinner. We all watched The Big Bang Theory afterward. They left today. We plan to walk to the library later today.

I head back to Phoenix on Tuesday morning for a full schedule of doctor appointments on Wednesday and Thursday. Ali will be home on Tuesday as well and I can't wait to see her.

A Creed

There is a Destiny that makes us brothers;
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own.

I care not what his temples or his creeds,
One thing holds firm and fast-
That into his fateful heap of days and deeds
The soul of man is cast.

Edwin Markham

Trivia: I love this poem of Edwin Markham's but he is really famous for another very short poem that my Dad used to recite all the time:

Outwitted

He drew a circle that shut me out—
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!

To read more of his poems see http://www.sjsu.edu/reading/markham.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment