No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Thursday, July 23, 2009

Positive Energy Needed

Please keep these people in your heart today, Linda K's sister - she had surgery on Tuesday and needs to heal well to continue the journey. Elle starts chemo tomorrow and I am sure she is scared. Kathy W. moving through the process of early breast cancer. Tracy B. lost her gallbladder and is worried she becoming hooked on the 3 vicodin she has taken for pain. My brother-in-law Phil.

I am back on the Toradol for my Lupus and starting to feel better already. I am trying to walk everyday.

I still have a tiny opening present where the SAVI device came out. No drainage.

Genetics came back negative for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutations. BRCA1 and BRCA2 stand for Breast Cancer Susceptibility gene 1 and 2. These are human genes that help supress tumors when they are normal. If the genes have changed or mutated they can increase the chances that breast or ovarian cancer will develop. Mutations are also linked with other types of cancers as well. In my case, this means my ovaries stay put.

I am not in menopause- I could have told them that because there are days I still feel those hormones pumping! This means I am not eligible for the alternative to Tamoxifin or any research studies which would get me other alternatives. I will write more about these drugs in a future post.

Still waiting for my vitamin D level to see how the mega doses that I have been taking helped and becoming a freak about taking anti-oxidants.

No comments:

Post a Comment