No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ups and downs for May 26th

My next procedure is Thursday at noon - an MRI guided biopsy of both breasts. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and one on Thursday morning. Some of the tests are in but I have to wait to get results until someone calls me. ( I'll know instantly if it is good or bad news... the doctor's always call me themselves with bad news.)

I had a great weekend with Corey, my girls and my family.

My cousin Wendy, who is just six months younger than I, is recovering from her double mastectomy and had her first chemo treatment. Her hair is gone but my cousin Tracy reports that her spirit is bright.

A favorite patient died on Sunday, I went to see her on Saturday and am glad that I did. She was very sweet and so brave throughout her illness that I know she will live on as an inspiration to me and to those knew her.

On the flip side I had an article published with a group of colleagues from the CF community.
You can find it at:
http://respiratory-care-manager.advanceweb.com/Article/Airway-Clearance-Revisited-2.aspx

That inspires me to get back to work as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the article Penny.We had a Patient Family Ed on this very topic today and I shared it with the group. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Linda

    ReplyDelete