No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Thursday, May 14, 2009

Are you some place you can talk?

Oh,dear. The instant knowledge that those words impart.
Dr. Vanesian called me after 3 days of waiting. With those words I knew that good news was not to follow. The cells that had been removed the Thursday before, all five spots were cancer, officially, ductal cell carcinoma. He went through what might follow, a surgical consult, an MRI, surgery, radiation and chemo. No lump, no bump, no pain. The cells in right breast had been picked up at my annual mammogram and that news has sent me on a journey.
I called my husband and asked him to call my girls, Courtney & Ali. I called my sister who came to pick me up from work and helped me make appointments. And I deeply appreciated the comfort and strength from my friends and co-workers. No need to call them – they were just there.
The many, many calls I have received have been welcome but to be honest, I just get tired of talking about it, thinking about it, explaining it. This blog was the ingenious idea of my friend Kathy Promberger to keep people in the loop when they want to be and to keep me from obsessing.
Next comes my husband Corey returning home tonight from California. That will be a huge relief. On Monday we go to the surgeon and the plan will clearer after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment