No Flowers Please!

I sincerely ask that no flowers be sent. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. If you must make a special gesture, please donate a small sum to the Pat-the-Nurse fund at Northern Arizona University. This fund will help student nurses buy their books and it is a tax deduction for you!

Send to:
Northern Arizona Unversity
Pat-the-Nurse Scholarship Fund
C/O Connie Ott
PO BOX 15015
Flagstaff, AZ 86001


Thursday, May 28, 2009

Six Word Stories

Corey found an article in the AARP magazine ( yes, we are card carrying members now) that said that someone once challenged Ernest Hemingway to write a story in six words.
He came back with the following story: For Sale, Baby Shoes, Never Worn.

Wow - to pack all the possibilities in just six words! AARP is publishing six word stories based on themes and we are attempting to write some. The first theme was enduring love and friendship.

My attempt: We still fit together like spoons.

Theme #2: Holiday Traditions.

My attempt: In Iraq, no trees to trim.

I would love to see your six word stories!

3 comments:

  1. Jesus, my hope, peace, and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Fran London:
    I posted this on Facebook this morning, and here are the responses I got:

    Tami Vodvarka at 12:12pm May 31
    59...just started hitting my prime.

    Valarie J. Vousden at 2:20pm May 31
    Hardship, loss, void; finally happy. 50.

    Vanessa Bertini at 2:39pm May 31
    raising teenagers. chaos reigns. Tsunami 44.

    Candice Brown at 3:23pm May 31
    Lots of moves, finally back home.


    My 6 word memoir is much less romantic than yours:
    Escaped from performing. Redefined, produced. Playing!

    - Fran.

    Aloha a hui hou.

    ReplyDelete